If your home or building is in a risk area for flooding, you may be required to have flood insurance. In this case, your insurance company will ask for a flood elevation certificate to determine your building’s elevation compared to the estimated height that floodwaters could reach in a major flood, therefore determining the cost of your insurance.

View Elevation Certificate

Helpful resource/source: FEMA Elevation Certificates Fact Sheet